Minimally invasive surgery from Laser Spine Institute offers an alternative means of relief for Cincinnati-area patients
Our dedication to minimally invasive procedures has made Laser Spine Institute the largest spine surgery center in the world. This advantage grows every week, leading to a higher level of expertise, as Laser Spine Institute helps thousands of patients get their lives back. Since opening in 2005, Laser Spine Institute has helped more than 75,000 patients. Our minimally invasive spine surgery is often the clinically appropriate first choice and provides many advantages versus open neck or back surgery. Some of these advantages include:
- Be walking within a few hours of surgery^
- No lengthy recovery^
- Less than a 1-inch incision
- Minimally invasive outpatient procedure
- Board-certified surgeons+
- 98 patient satisfaction score^
Laser Spine Institute’s Cincinnati center is devoted to offering the most successful minimally invasive procedures in order to treat a variety of the most common conditions and associated symptoms. During a minimally invasive decompression procedure, the surgeon uses a series of dilating tubes to access the impacted area. This method spares the surrounding muscles and tissue from being cut or torn. The following minimally invasive decompression procedures are performed at our Cincinnati center:
- Foraminotomy — Relieves the symptoms of nerve root compression, known as a pinched nerve, caused by bone, a disc, scar tissue, or excessive ligament development compressing the foramen.
- Laminotomy — Removes any bone or disc material pressing against the spinal canal.
- Discectomy — Removes the portion of a herniated or bulging disc material that is pressing on a nerve root or the spinal cord.
- Facet thermal ablation — Deadens the painful nerves in the facet joint utilizing a laser.
At Laser Spine Institute we are proud of our ability to help patients get back to the lives that they love, which is why we are committed to always performing the most effective procedures available. If you are interested in learning more about our minimally invasive decompression procedures, one of our Patient Empowerment Consultants can help you schedule a review of your MRI and determine your candidacy for one of our minimally invasive surgeries. It’s time for you to Stand Tall® and take back your life.